This guide covers the 3 steps to getting your spreadsheet into Routific.
- Format your spreadsheet
- Download your spreadsheet
- Uploading your spreadsheet into Routific
- Map your data
1. Format Your Spreadsheet
If you have your own spreadsheet data, keep reading this section. If you export your data from an ERP, CSM, Order Management system, or Shopify, skip to Step 2 (Download Your Spreadsheet).
Below is what your spreadsheet should look like.
What Each Column Means
- ID (Required) - This can be anything you want, from a client’s name to an ID number for the work order.
Address (Required) - The best format is: Street Number, Street Name, City, Province/State (when applicable), Country. The address must be written this way so Google Maps can read it properly. If you're including apartment numbers, try to include them in the Notes fields instead. More about address errors.
**You also have the option to split up the address into 4 separate columns (Street Address, City, State, Postal Code).
**If you use lat-long coordinates, create two columns titled Latitude and Longitude in lieu of the Address column. See this example.
- From / To (Optional) - Time window in which the stops must be served. Time windows are written in 24-clock format: 12:00 and 15:00. If the stop can be done at any time, just leave these fields blank.
- Duration (Optional) - How long, in minutes, a stop might take. This might change depending on if you have a lot to pick-up or deliver or if the location has a nightmare parking situation. Whatever the reason, you can input Duration to allow your driver time to make his stop before moving onto his next stop.
- Load (Optional) - How much you're delivering at each stop. This number ensures you won't be delivering more than you can carry! The loads will correspond with the capacity of each vehicle, which you can set for each driver.
- Notes / Notes 2 (Optional) - Additional information you want to give your driver. Some businesses wanted the flexibility of having additional notes fields for recurring clients, for example. Both fields are free text, so go ahead and write anything you want!
- Types (Optional) - Allows you to assign certain stops to certain drivers. Enter a word or a letter into this field, and make sure you've indicated Types in your driver profiles, too.
- Priority (Optional) - This instructs our algorithm to prioritize stops that might otherwise be unscheduled. Routific will do its best to schedule the stop within your specified time window. More about Priority.
- Phone (Optional) - Shows up in the mobile web app and gives your drivers access to customers' phone numbers. If you have SMS Customer Notifications set up, you'll be able to send automated delivery notifications. Note that phone numbers must be formatted as country code, area code, phone number.For example, "+1-626-555-1234". Spaces, (brackets), - dashes, and + plus signs are all accepted in the phone number field.
- Email (Optional) - Input your customer's email address for easy access on our mobile app for drivers. (If you have customer email notifications enabled, this field is required in order for the notifications to send.)
- Got more columns? No problem, just create custom fields when you're mapping your data (Step 4).
2. Download Your Spreadsheet from a Spreadsheet Software
Microsoft Excel: File > Download as > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) OR Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
Google Sheets: File > Download as > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) OR Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
Shopify: Please see this guide.
ERP, CSM, Order Management systems: Exports will vary case by case, but all of them should have an order export function.
3. Upload Your Spreadsheet into Routific
Upload your spreadsheet in the “Stops” tab. You can either drag and drop your file (like below) or click "Select from your computer".
4. Map Your Data
If the file you upload has different column titles, our data mapping tool will help you match your titles to Routific's titles. Click the dropdown menu to choose your corresponding column title.
If you have extra columns in your spreadsheet, you can create custom fields for them. Click "Add New Field", name the field, and then select the corresponding column in your spreadsheet.
How to Upload Drivers as Spreadsheets
How to Make Sure Addresses are Correct
Using Latitude/Longitude Coordinates
Stop and Driver Types
The 3 Ways to Add Stops in Routific