What are Types?
With Types you can ensure that only certain drivers will serve specific kinds of stops.
Some common examples:
- You have customers who prefer to be served by a particular delivery driver.
- You have drivers who have specific skills for certain jobs.
- You have vehicles that can only be assigned certain stops because of height, weight, or equipment, for example.
How to Use Types
Note: When you assign Types to stops, make sure you assign corresponding Types to drivers.
- In driver profiles, you can enter types. Just type one in, and press "Enter" so that the type turns blue as below.
If you're adding drivers using a spreadsheet, just create a "Types" column and enter your stop types. If you have multiple, separate them with commas.
- In stops, you can also enter types. Type one in, and press "Enter" so the type turns blue as below.
If you're adding stops using a spreadsheet, just create a "Types" column, and enter your stop types. If you have multiple, separate them with commas.
Stops with a specific "type" tag will be assigned to drivers with that specific type.
Note: Adding a Type to your driver ensures that he or she will be able to service additional stops of that Type, but the driver will still get other stops that do not have any Types set.