You can add your drivers in Routific either by entering them one by one, or by uploading a spreadsheet with your driver information.
1. Add Drivers One-by-One
Open the "Drivers" tab. Click on the first icon to add a driver profile.
2. Upload a Spreadsheet
Open the "Drivers" tab. Click on the second icon to upload a spreadsheet file. This can either be a CSV or an XLS file.
How to Format Your Spreadsheet
The image below shows what a driver spreadsheet should look like. You can download it here.
What Each Column Means
- ID (Required) - Basically, this is where you put your driver's name.
- Start Address (Required) - Where your drivers start their routes.
- End Address (Optional) - Where your drivers end their routes. Fill this in if you want to make it a round trip.
- Shift Start / Shift End (Optional) - Working hours of your drivers.
- Capacity (Optional) - You can set the capacity of your vehicle, and this corresponds with the loads you set for each stop. Learn about delivery loads and driver capacities.
- Types (Optional) - Types allow you to assign certain stops to certain drivers. If you assign drivers a type, you must make sure you assign corresponding types to stops. Learn about stop and driver "types".
- Break Stop / Break End (Optional) - Indicate what time the break should stop and end.
- Driver Speed (Optional) - You may upload an additional column called Driving Speed in your spreadsheet. Learn about driver speeds.