Simply drag and drop your spreadsheet file you just downloaded into the box. We accept CSV and/or Excel files.
This is what your file should look like (download example):
- The only required headers are ID and Address – all optional columns can be left out altogether.
- If your columns have different titles, our mapping tool will help you when you upload your file.
- If you're looking to upload your driver information via CSV, see this tutorial.
What each column means:
- ID - This can be anything you want, from a client’s name to an ID number for the work order.
- Address - The best format is: Street Number, Street Name, City, Province/State (when applicable) and Country. The Address must be written this way so Google Maps can read it properly and avoid getting ambiguous addresses in other places in the world. Note that if you're including apartment numbers, sometimes Google Maps gets confused. To be safe, try to include your apartment numbers in the Notes fields instead. Learn more about address errors here.
**If you need to use lat-long co-ordinates, simply create two columns titled Latitude and Longitude in lieu of the Address column. See this example.
- From / To (Optional) - Time windows in which the stops must be served. In the example above, the client Tina has asked for her delivery to be made between noon and 3 p.m. Time windows are written in 24-clock format: 12:00 and 15:00. If the stop doesn’t need a specific time-window and can be done at any time, you can leave these fields blank.
- Duration (Optional) - How long, in minutes, a stop might take. This might change depending on if you have a lot to pick-up or deliver or if the location has a nightmare parking situation. Whatever the reason, you can input Duration to allow your driver time to make his stop before moving onto his next stop.
- Load (Optional) - How much you're delivering or picking up at each stop. This number ensures you won't be delivering more than you can carry! The loads will correspond with the capacity of each vehicle, which you can set on your dashboard.
- Notes / Notes 2 (Optional) - Additional information you want to give your driver. Some businesses wanted the flexibility of having additional notes fields for recurring clients, for example. Both fields are free text, so go ahead and write anything you want!
- Types (Optional) - Allows you to assign certain stops to certain drivers. Enter a word or a letter into this field, and make sure you've indicated Types in your driver profiles, too. Learn more about Types here.
- Priority (Optional) - This instructs our algorithm to prioritize stops that might otherwise be unscheduled. Routific will do its best to schedule the stop within your specified time window. Learn more about Priority here.
- Phone (Optional) - Shows up in the mobile web app and allows your drivers to call customers with a single click. Make sure to include the Country Code and Area Code before the phone number.
- Email (Optional) - Input your customer's email address for easy access on our mobile app for drivers. (If you have customer email notifications enabled, this field is required in order for the notifications to send.)
Exporting from Excel and Importing to Routific
In Excel, save your spreadsheet as a .xlsx or a .csv file:
File > Download as > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) OR Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
In Routific, drag and drop your spreadsheet file you just downloaded into the box. Alternatively, click "Select from your computer" and a finder window will pop up. Browse your computer for the file you just created and select Open.